Sunday, June 21, 2009

How To Eat A Mango (according to Eric)


1. Do not pick from tree. You must let it fall off the tree to ensure it is at its peak ripeness.


2. Hang over the curb so as not to get the juice on you.


3. Peel off part of the peel with your teeth.


4. Proceed to eat flesh off of the pit.


5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you have eaten entire mango.


6. (and this is the most important step in his mind) Suck EVERYTHING off of the pit.


There you have it. How to eat a mango from a local. My friend, Ina says everyone in her village is always sticky during mango season and that everything smells like magnoes, even their breath.


I still love 'em and can't get enough.

1 comment:

the ruffhouse said...

Our babysitter JUST returned from Santo Domingo and she came home craving mangoes. She left one on my counter and I've been staring at it wondering how to cut into it. After reading your post, I'm not sure I'm ready to eat it DR style! Miss you so much my friend!