Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Dominican-style

We had a really fun, and restful Christmas. We did a lot of fun things, but I think just having a break from the norm was restful in itself. My mom came to visit for 10 days and we were able to show her a lot of the places we love here. She got her fill of her 2 1/2 year old grandson and I got some good mother/daughter time. Here are a few pics:

Eric is sitting in the mango tree in Eric's grandparents yard. I am sure every single grandchild has a picture sitting in this tree, too!


Here we are all dressed up for Christmas Eve dinner at the Abuelos.



Eric with his papa, bis-Abuelo, and Tio.



Princess Paula



Santa brought more trains and big crane to add to the set.



At the Botanical Garden with my mom, cousin Gabriela and Edi.



Walking with Gammy thru the Japanese garden.



Down in the Colonial Zone playing Perico Ripeio, the traditional folk music.




At the beach. So wishing Eric wanted to take posed pictures these days. Impossible to catch a group shot of him complying.




Amazing sunset. Stunning.



Dancing Merengue at our New Year's Eve party.
Eric kicking back on New Year's Eve watching a Thomas video on his new DVD player.
2010 toast. Funny thing, my hand and glass made the picture, but Eric's big mug is blocking me!
Wearing Dominican hats from the countryside (a kind of folk tradition) with Edi and Eric's Aunt Carmen, who was a kindred spirit with my mom.

1 comment:

Amy D said...

I LOVE These pictures! YOu look gorgeous all dressed up for Christmas and Eric is so big in that tree. Wow!