Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Creepy-Crawly Things

I have had a few personal encounters with "the adventures of island living" over the past couple of days that I thought are worth sharing. This morning I found a tarantula the size of my hand in a cupboard clinging the wall. YIKES! Good thing I have made friends with the guard of our building. I yelled down from the balcony, "Alex, por favor, ayudame!!" Which means, "Help me, please!!" He graciously came upstairs and tore through the cupboard, having the pull the fridge out from the wall before killing it and saving little Eric and I from death. Well, at least it felt like we skirted death!

And, this past weekend while we were at Eric's grandparents I found a lizard in my cosmetic bag! One of Eric's cousins, Danny, came to my rescue and chased it out of the house, but not after I shrieked a few times and jumped up on the bed. Another cousin, Grace asked me if I was scared of lizards, kind of half laughing. I very promptly and without any shame told her I was, but not quite as scared as frogs (it's personal thing with me).

I have a serious case of the heebie-jeebies right now and get an adrenaline rush everytime I open a cabinet or closet. What else could be lurking around waiting to be discovered? I don't even want to think about it!

3 comments:

kristi said...

ok, the spider...that is just freaking scary. wow.

but the lizards--for some reason i have never been scared of them. i swear, every 5 seconds they multiply here. and every time i walk outside i hear thousands of them running for cover. sometimes i think it's a rat because they are all running at once and they actually shake the bushes. they have been in our house a lot, and they are pretty easy to trap if you have a cup. really yucky i would think to squish. ;)

really, really glad someone was around to help you with the t...t...well, the you know. ;)

The Josti's said...

oh my gosh i was laughing histerically when i read this post. just thinking about the frogs in canada and how freaked out you were.

i seriously cannot wait to come there and see you.

Courtney said...

oh dear!i must say spiders do not bother me...however I do not classify a t______ as a spider:) I think it was probaby bigger than that dog eric was kissing. speaking of, tell papa eric that siler- "he" misses him :) I am in the process of harrassing Loie for your garden space. Lydia and Dana have a bid on a house in Mattapan:(