Monday, May 25, 2009

Pictures and such.

Guess what I am doing this very moment? Eating peanut butter slathered on whole wheat bread. Heaven has come down. No, I am not pregnant. I just haven't had peanut butter since I left the states. It's not as popular here and after the peanut scare in the Spring I was too nervous to buy it. I have been craving it lately and when I was at the store it was calling my name. I actually never even looked at the price. It's entirely possible that I paid $12 for it or something ridiculous. But, it sure is worth it!

We have hardly seen the sun for a week. Everytime it peeks through the clouds and I actually think I might get a chance to put some clothes out to dry, it turns to this in about 15 minutes:
Last week we had clothes drying all over the house.


We have had some trouble our freezer. Human stupidity, really. It's a bottom drawer freezer and unlike my friend Kelly's that has this annoying beep telling you the door has been open too long, we have nothing warning us that calamity is just hours away after we go to bed. So, not once, not twice, but three times everything in our freezer has defrosted overnight. Are we dumb or what? I guess we are actually "insane" because I heard that the definition of insane is making the same mistake over again without fixing your error. Yep, that's us.

So, today I turned thawed out spinach and broken eggs (another story) into a quiche. And, thawed out frozen veggies and chicken into chicken pot pie. I am either working my way from insanity to genuis, or we might all get sick from food poisoning...I'll let you know.

Eric's dad, stepmom, brother and stepbrother are coming for a visit this Saturday. They live in Providence, RI and we are super excited about seeing them. I am certain Papi Orlando is even MORE excited about seeing his grandson. AND, little E's 2nd birhtday is just a week away! Oh the fun we are going to have with Elmo at our side! Stay tuned.
I am going to post some pictures from the past week since I noticed my blog has been word-heavy recently. We haven't really taken any that are very exciting, but at least you can see our smiling faces!
Art fun with cousin Emily.




Trying to get two kids eating cheerios and watching cartoons to smile for the camera at the same time was a bad idea. They are still super cute cousins, though.

This is Paula's signature face.


Some of the bags I made for friends to take back to the states. See the last post for more info.

Sitting on the potty reading. No actual action has taken place, but he wants to practice a lot.

Making cookies with his new best friend Ashley, who is the greatest babysitter ever! She and her family just moved here, so we are all "adjusting" together.

2 comments:

kristi said...

yay! thank you so much for the pictures. so fun to see what is happening at your house.

Kellie said...

I love the reading on the potty picture. It is too funny when kids do big-people things :)