Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama's Got A Brand New Do.


I spent Mother's Day morning in the salon getting my hair "fixed". I had two colors going on and it didn't look all that great. I have had a hard time with my hair color since I've been here and finally found someone who can help. Hair color down here has a lot of red in it and tends to be a lot darker than in the U.S., so it's just been hard to find a color that works. I like the new color and am so glad to find someone who knows how to handle my hair. While I was at it I decided to live a little crazy and get it blown out and styled. Getting your hair blown straight is a big thing here and women go to the salon a couple of times a week to get a "manseca". I did it once when we first got here and then again yesterday. It's fun to have something different. I would probably do it more often, but it hurts like a mother! I have to put my hand over my ears and my forehead to keep from getting burned. I don't know how other women can handle the pain twice a week. So, I thought I would share my new do before I wash it in a couple of days and go back to curly-Karin.
Oh...and as a Mother's Day treat to myself I got a manicure and a pedicure!

4 comments:

Amy D said...

Love it! So glad you could get the color worked out. Glad you got some pampering. :)

By the way, I love the picture at the top of your blog.

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

kristi said...

i don't think i've ever seen you with straight hair. very pretty! xo

Kellie said...

yeah, karin!

Jo Dockstader said...

Hi Karin,
My name is Jo. I go to Shawmut Springs and am friends with Courtney, Stacey, and Jen. I was recently in the DR and interested in your perspective. I read a few of your blogs with Courtney and then read this one today. I did get my hair washed and blown dry when I was there and completely understand what you mean about it hurting. I had to bite my lip not to say anything about the heat!!!
Thank you for sharing your perspective online. It is interesting to compare my thoughts and feelings to someone who lives there now.