Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Day!!

Well, our little boy started school, or colegio, yesterday! We found a great little pre-school that only takes kids up to 3 years old, so they really specialize in his age. They have lots of toys and are really organized in how they teach the kids things like colors, alphabet and counting. Of course, it's all in Spanish, so he is going to really be able to work on his Spanish language skills. I am sure he will soon surpass me in that department.
He did really well for his first day. I left him there alone for about 1/2 hour while I took Eric to work, and then when I got back I stayed with him for another 1 1/2 hours to see what they do with the kids. Today I was there for the first 20 minutes and left him, crying of course. I called back an hour later and they told me he was doing fine, playing and having fun. And, then when I went to pick him up at noon he was just sitting there playing and didn't even hardly look up when I sat down next to him. Everytime I am there and see him participating in directed playing and learning I get so excited about all he is going to learn and how much fun he is going to have.

And, I am going to have a little breather a couple of days a week. I was even able to go to the grocery store by myself today. And, I am hoping to start volunteering at the village I blogged about last week.


I also gave him a little haircut. He has these little whispy curls which look so cute, but were getting out of control and making him look a little bit girlish (dare I say). I saved the hair in a little baggie, just like my mom did with me. Of course, the whole time I was snipping away he was completely unaware watching sesame street and sucking his thumb.


Tomorrow I have my Bible study group in the morning, so I am going to leave Eric for the full morning. I'm sure he won't even miss me!

1 comment:

kristi said...

congratulations little E! and mommy too! what a big day. that top picture is just precious. it really is so much worse for us than it is for them. :)

i'll be thinking of you tomorrow. have a blast at your study!